"How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness, how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?"
~Dr. Seuss~
I'm so excited for what God has in store for me in 2016! Who knows what excitement this upcoming year holds for me? As my friend so eloquently put it, "A new year is like a new book, with empty pages waiting to be filled." <3
New Year's Resolutions don't usually stick with me, or maybe it's me who doesn't stick with them.
Anyhoo, I've decided to make ONE resolution this year, because one is hard enough to keep, much less twenty-five or something crazy like that.
Anyhoo, I've decided to make ONE resolution this year, because one is hard enough to keep, much less twenty-five or something crazy like that.
My resolution is to strengthen my relationship with God. I want to read through my Bible all the way this year and read one chapter of My Utmost For His Highest every day. I want to learn to pray specifically, because "ye have not, because ye ask not."
And I'm asking YOU, as my readers, friends, and family, to keep my accountable this year. When you see me, ask me if I read my Bible this morning or talked to God yet today. I promise not to get mad or annoyed at you for asking... 

Sooooo, did you stay up till midnight tonight? Or did you do the sensible thing and go to bed at a reasonable time? Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? Tell me in the comments below, okay?
Love you guys! Here's to another year of The Average Girl's Adventures!

I don't have any resolutions this year. I did stay up till midnight and then I went to bedLOL. I do have one getting better with reading my Bible.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking on and off about mine..... I did stay up till midnight!!! I loved it!~Grace
ReplyDeleteI was with you, B and yes we stayed up till midnight. But we kinda *had* to, because there was a puzzle to work on, presents to open, amazing cheesy pizza dip to eat...I mean who *wouldn't* want to stay up till 12:00!!
ReplyDeleteSo I guess my New Year's Resolution is to get back into a specific time that I spend with God. I used to be oh-so-good at this, but I'm guessing once lil munchkin came along, I let lots of distractions take priority. My goal is: 7:00 Quiet Time with God! I have a lil checkbox in my journal for every day that I meet my goal. I really want to make God my priority this year!