We've all been there. You have a free night, but you have no idea what to do. You almost feel like reading a book, but you've read all the ones you own.
Voila! This is where I come in! Here is a list of books I have read and actually enjoyed. Next time you have a night at home, and you're bored out of your gourd, just pull out this list! :D
These books are mostly for girls/women, so I wouldn't recommend having your brother read Little Women or Pride and Prejudice, if ya know what I mean! :D
Ones with an asterisk (*) next to them are available for free on Kindles through Amazon.
Books:
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott*
- Good Wives (sequel to Little Women) by aforementioned authoress
- Jo's Boys (sequel to Good Wives) also by aforementioned authoress
- Pride and Prejudice (if you have time) by Jane Austen*
- Emma by Jane Austen*
- Persuasion by Jane Austen*
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle* (quite hilarious, really)
- Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux*
- Lucy Winchester by Christmas Carol Kauffman
- For One Moment by Christmas Carol Kauffman (extremely good book!!)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (it sounds boring, but it really helped me!)
- Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank Bunker Gilbreth, Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey (warning: there's a little bit of language...but it's really funny! There is also an old movie that is equally is good and funny as the book, available on Netflix, I believe.)
- Left Behind series by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
Awesome! This is super helpful!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know Little Women had a sequel! Thanks!